Question for Planet-10 or another Guru

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Midly off subject but, where does one find cheap wire for winding your own coils. I got really excited about winding inductors a little while ago, but from everything I've found you just can't beat the price of the Erse inductors from Parts Express when it comes to large inductor values.

Madmike if you're looking for a more frugal wire that still sounds good try cat5e plenum which is used in hooking up computer networks. Cheap, and decent. Solid copper wire with teflon insulation.
Joe

What would be the next step in chain ? I am guessing a pre-amp with what i have is pointless right now(Pioneer reciever/amp SX-737). A high quality DAC ? I am itching to see if it gets even better at the source then this Delta 66 . Before i continue on to better amplification i want to top this out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.