Infinity EMIT tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been experimenting with equipment for a while now. It happened when I was testing a pair of old Epicure speakers. The $10 yard sale speakers reproduced sound in a way that my $1000 studio monitors couldn't come close. Since then I have been trying to put together some good monitors from hardware on hand. I have noticed that the EMIT tweeters I have sound very live to me. Has anybody else any experience or opinion on emit tweeters?

I agree that there is something special about the EMIT tweeters- I used to have a pair of Infinity Qa's. The main problem with them is that they won't play terribly low or loud. I never blew mine, but I took it easy on them. If you do have trouble with them, it's possible that the conductor on the membrane can be repaired with a silver pen- I think I saw that on a website once.

I don't think that today's tweeters won because of superior quality or even price- I think it's because they are less likely to act like fuses.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.