My New Active 3-Way System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, ok, I really took my time finishing these =). I finally got the entire system to the point where I can actually listen to it. Right now I'm using a Behringer CX3400 (active, analog) crossover, but hopefully I'll be upgrading to a PC based crossover soon (although it won't be using KXProject). Anyway, let me know what you think.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I really enjoy looking at your amp/s for some reason. :eek:
Love the simplicity of the entertainment/amprack too.

I haven't get a chance to build any amp yet, do you mind I get in contact with you for some guidance with a project similar to yours?

My planned set up would be
3 way dipole.
tweet = TDFC or 19xt (already purchased)
mids = dual 180rs or 225rs (not yet purchase..soon)
subs = gefco x6100 (for now..already purchased)

already have the dcx and plan to buy the deq very soon
all I need now is the amps

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
They look great motion.

The wilson art laminate finish certainly looks a lot less painful that an full spray job with a gloss finish.

What PJ do you use and what size screen? Looks to be about 120-130"?

Kinda makes my 90" look small, I use the Sony HS50/HS51 BTW.

Interestingly, years later, I've ended up building some passive xovers for the stereo speakers (I don't have the home theater anymore, at least, not in the same way). I snagged an Arta Steps distortion graph and I wanted to get some opinions:

I thought it looked pretty good, all things considered. This was taken from one of the speakers, at it's normal listening position in my room, with the mic about 2 feet away on the tweeter axis. How exactly do you guys normally go about interpreting these things?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
m0tion said:

Well, so I think I provided some of that information. I don't know what "averaged SPL at mic using pink noise" means though... Would this only be required if I wanted to know the sensitivity of my speakers?

2 feet is around 0.7 meters but more important is the what SPL was that at?

BTW When measuring the level for distortion test its better to do that based on an averaged SPL. One such method is pink noise and measure the SPL at the mic. If you only set level according to a single frequency sine wave SPL measurement then irregularities in the FR might mean your results aren't representative of the level you think your measuring, especially if this is in-room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.