active studio monitors or ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just want to share my resolve. I posted numerous times about my nearfield problem. I wasn't sure if it was me or my gear. Just for fun the other day I glued some new surrounds on some old epicure bookshelf speakers and powered them with a little 25Watt dynaco amp. WOWWW. It was my monitors. The music retailers said that the nearfields were supposed to sound flat. I was comparing them with the reference amps and vintage loudspeakers that I've used for years (kef, braun, band and olufsen etc.) It seems I didn't trust mysef enough and bought into "hype" I have come to the conclusion that unless one drops the money for Dynaudio, Genelec or ADAMs, then the best results are with active crossovers amps and drivers. In fact it may still be the ultimate and most flexible.
Can anybody suggest drivers (2-way nearfield). Is there such a setup for small transmission line designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.