JV80 floorstanders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
howdy

unfortunatly these things seem to have a poor reputation , unlike the JV60s they "replaced" , poorly matched drivers as its all the designer had to work with seems to be the story. could be a rumour tho of course as i havent heard them myself. the vifa woofers are a surplus purchase,and not picked specifically for the design. i've used them myself in a simple 2 way using a d25, and i think they have a lot of potential in the right system, i was quite impressed with the midbass and midrange, but i fear the pathetic little tweeter in the JV80 is crossed over too high and may be the source of the "problem" trying to support 2 of the 8" woofers.

whatever the case, definatly worth finding out more, or hearing first before u buy these kits , theyre not exactly cheap :whazzat:

JV60 on the other hand is a diff story!, but theyre no longer available as a kit afaik.

cheers

If you are looking for a JV60, there is a set on eBay for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18800&item=5779923337&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I wouldn't call the D26NC a pathetic little tweeter and when used in the right application comes up trumps but I agree that this is not the right job for them.

BTW has anyone got any surplus D26NC-15-06 from Jaycar as I need 1 and Jaycar stopped selling them..... me thinks someone bought them all as they sold out at under AU$15 each..... I wasn't quick enough :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.