Tips on drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Blue tak and duct seal

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. However, as I live closer to the third than to the first world, sometimes is hard to get those things you have at hand (I haven't find grill fasteners yet, can you believe it?. I haven't seen here the blue tak, I suppose it's a stuff that is soft and you can shape it as Plasticine, and doesn't become strong, is this OK?
Another question, how can I make the phase plug and where I glue it, in the magnet?

Well, can be wine instead of beer...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Blue tak and duct seal

Raka said:
I suppose it's a stuff that is soft and you can shape it as Plasticine, and doesn't become strong, is this OK?

As long as it doesn't get hard with age. Silicon & hotglue can also be used (nt quite as effective) but it is easier to make a mess

Another question, how can I make the phase plug and where I glue it, in the magnet?

A piece of wood dowling, many things. Start by gluing a steel washer to the base of the plug and then you can attach it using the magnetic field in the motor -- and you can take it out if you want. Another thread has more on phase plugs.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.