Feedback on 3-Way Speaker Design - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2005, 02:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to 69stingray Send a message via MSN to 69stingray Send a message via Yahoo to 69stingray
Default Feedback on 3-Way Speaker Design

Hello everyone. I am in the process of designing a 3-way speaker system. I have none of my own test equipment, so I have to use the freq. plots supplied by Parts Express. So far, this is what I have selected for drivers:

Woofer: Audax AP17OZO 6
Midrange: Tang bang W3-315D 3
Tweeter: Dayton DC28F-8 1 1/8

I have attached the freq. response graphs from Parts Express . I made my own graph by plotting only the freq. response I plan on using (up to the crossover, but without the slope). Currently, I plan on 500 Hz & 2,000 Hz crossover points. I think the 500 Hz will be a first order and the 2,000 Hz crossover will be a second order.

For the Audax 6, I came up with a 35L box (1.23 ft3), 3 x 8.5 Port, Fb of 40 Hz and an F3 of 41 Hz.

What does everyone think? I would like to hear comments on the two different box sizes for the Audax 6.5. The 35L had a lower F3 by 10 Hz but starts to fall off at 200 Hz.
Attached Images
File Type: gif freq_plot.gif (23.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 30th May 2005, 02:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to 69stingray Send a message via MSN to 69stingray Send a message via Yahoo to 69stingray
Here is the WinISD plot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winisd.jpg (71.9 KB, 88 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!