Wanting to build a line array. Newbie troubles with impedance and efficiencies. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2005, 04:12 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

After some more reading, and pondering, and figuring, here's what I have.

9 woofers, power tapered, 111.3mm CTC, 95.85dB theoretical sensitivity.
5 tweeters, power tapered(out of necessity), 38.2mm CTC, 99.44dB theoretical sensitivity.

One wavelength spacing on the woofers should be about 2950. With the xover (12dB) at 2500hz, that shouldn't be a problem I dont think. However with the tweeter spacing, effects will start to occur around 8950hz(1wavelength)

While the tweeters FR graph appears to do well from 2k+, it states 3.5-20k under it's description. So I hope i'm not asking too much out of these tweeters.

I'm also thinking about trying OB. Although my room isn't optimally layed out for it. If it fails i'm not out much and i'll try a ported cabinet tuned to maybe 95-100hz.

I think i'm on the right track now.
Old 30th May 2005, 08:36 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Guy,

I think you are on the right track. Your design seems to get the most out of the drivers that you have in mind.

Yes, you can try the OB first but you'll have very little bass and would need likely stereo subwoofers crossed fairly high to mesh. As you say though, you can always port the cabinet.

Jim
Old 14th July 2009, 02:50 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

i am going to make some with 4" mids what hf driver does anyone recommend
Old 14th September 2011, 09:56 AM   #14
alspe is offline alspe  Finland
diyAudio Member

Which configuration it is possible to compensate baffle step loss by adding more woofers to 0,5-way? One woofer parallel to midbass woofer gives 10 LOG2 + 10 log (8/4) = 6 dB gain to bass region (which is maximum that can be used, I think).

Is it possible at all to add more than one woofer to 0,5-way for one midbass (using same woofers)?

Last edited by alspe; 14th September 2011 at 09:59 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!