Right speakers for Marantz PM8000 + Marantz CD67-OSE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I'm a new member of diyAudio, not an audio expert at all but an audio lover, in search of suggestions about the right speakers choice for my stereo set-up...
I own Marantz PM8000 95W-Amplifier + Marantz CD67-OSE CD Player + Boston VR3 tower speakers (back bass-reflex port).
The Marantz machines have common peculiarities: warm, balanced and detailed sound, but a bit lacking in rhythm and quite sounding too much on the dark side...moreover ... too much bass and lacking midrange, so I thought to change my Boston speakers in a 2-way - front bass-reflex - bookshelf speakers, such as

B&W DM602 S3;
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.3;
DAVIS CESAR ARRIERE ...

or in a 2/3-way - front bass-reflex - floorstanders, such as

WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 8.4;
DAVIS various tower speakers...;
B&W DM604 S3 ...

or in hand-made models featuring i.e.: Morel tweeter + Audax/Davis Mid-Bass driver...)...

I accept ANY KIND of suggestion...thanks in advance!

Having almost the same setting like you, I should go for the Davis MV 4 as a booshelf LS and the MV 707 on the floor.
BTW if you want to fix them yourself, don't forget to use the same LS cable internally as the one you use to connect them with
I considder MonsterCable Z2 as a good reference.

Thank you

I auditioned the Davis speakers (just the 17 KLV 6A model) and I find the sound is trasparent and slightly tending to the bright side (good thing to be put to work together with Marantz stuff). I'm more convinced after your suggestion, thanks a lot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.