Information On Stereo Layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At the moment, I have a stereo system in my room. It has a "Realistic STA-740" that works perfectly. Attached to the speaker "A" output are 2 x "Teledyne Acoustic Research AR28s" that have amazing sound considering I found them in the attic last year. Attached to the speaker "B" output are 2 x "Panasonic Thruster SB-300C". These aren't as amazing. Though they have (according to spec sticker on back) two 5.5" 'hi-efficiency' woofers and an 8" passive radiator tuned to 30Hz, I can never get this done properly, as the speaker has a maximum power input of 20W and has an 8 ohm impedance. Does anyone have any experience and/or parameters and/or suggestions about all these three parts?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Originally posted by somody
Attached to the speaker "B" output are 2 x "Panasonic Thruster SB-300C".

I've been eying a set of those panos at the 2nd hand store -- waiting for them to come down to a reasonable price.

The box the drivers are in is poor (to be generous). The 2 FRs should come out and get built into a proper box -- since there are 2 a push-push bipole makes sense. The PR doesn't even make a decent coaster.

dave

Purchase

planet10:

I'd be glad to sell them. The box is not in perfect condition, but as you're gonna take em out anyway, that shouldn't matter. Though the PR says that it's tuned to 30 Hz, it can't go that low not because of lack of power supply, but because of lack of power handling. The double active woofers that are at the top are actually quite good, as you said. Again, I would be happy to get rid of them, as I have the AR28Ss and those are good enought for me and only 4 ohms so less pwr is needed. Contact me by email (use the email button at the bottom of my post) and I can set the purchase up. Thanks.

At the moment, I have a stereo system in my room. It has a "Realistic STA-740" that works perfectly. Attached to the speaker "A" output are 2 x "Teledyne Acoustic Research AR28s's" that have amazing sound considering I found them in the attic last year. Attached to the speaker "B" output are 2 x "Panasonic Thruster SB-300C". These aren't as amazing. Though they have (according to spec sticker on back) two 5.5" 'hi-efficiency' woofers and an 8" passive radiator tuned to 30Hz, I can never get this done properly, as the speaker has a maximum power input of 20W and has an 8 ohm impedance. Does anyone have any experience and/or parameters and/or suggestions about all these three parts?

Does anyone know of any of the T/S parameters or other specs about the above listed system? Perticulrly (sp?) the AR28s's? That would be cool :D .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.