B&W drivers Alpine status three way xover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
B&W drivers Alpine status three way xover

Okay, this is my first post, after being a long time lurker. I want to combine two 8" B&W ZZ04731 drivers with an unknown 2-3" mid and a unknown tweet and an Alpine F1 Status car audio xover (the three way alpine status was built by scan-speak and are rebadged revelators)..So, the unknowns. I was holing for suggestions. I was thinking about vifa D75MX41

Here's the madisound link

And the tweeter I was hoping for suggestions.

These WILL be home audio front stage speakers. I plan on using prefab panels from partsexpress.com

Comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated....be kind, be mean, any response will be welcome

passive xover reason

I'm a novice. Looking at the partsexpress catalog, it looks as if designing and building custom crossovers is a possibility. They sell the PCB boards as a foundation. The problem is knowledge. That's what I'm seaking here. I know this isn't the place to be completely educated, however I was hoping for feedback like this, but more to the point, a suggestion of direction. Like, "pick up the book by ----------------- written on the subject of designing your own crossovers, enclosures, and line arrays....."

I know there is a ton to learn, would using well built xovers, with well built drivers be all that terrible? I know the crossovers designed for that three way system would have crossover points intended for the three scan-speak drivers and their corresponding intended enclosures. Those points are probably ideal for those drivers. The ideal points for the drivers I'm using are probably (within a certain frequency range) similar but not exact.

Am I way off base?

suggest...

I do recommend... Vance Dickason, Linkwitz Labs (web site), True Audio web site, LSPcad website, and google search for crossovers... even holding EE degree I DID much more learning reading this recommendation than years of college... ( i´m assuming you already know about basic electronics, resistors, capacitor, inductors, and some math involved).

Good reading...

Euclides

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.