Big project planning - MOREL MW-114S 4" DPC WOOFER

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all of you.
I am planning on doing a build in a couple months (after i save the money) to build 2-way floorstanding speakers.
The driver I am looking at, for my midbass, the MOREL MW-114S 4" DPC WOOFER. Has anybody heard these drivers? I think it's georgious and wanted ot use it in a design similar to I was thinking of doing a

T
M
M

configuration paired with the morel MDT-33 tweeter

OR

T
M
M
M

with a morel MDT-37

Impedance is not an issue as long as it's between 4 and 12ohms. I was thinking of going active crossover but I would need to have somebody design it for me.

I was also considering the cheaper MOREL MW-113 for a midbass. I guess this post is to ask for any suggestions. and if anyone has heard these drivers. Also, I'd like to add an integrated subwoofer and amplifier, similar to Definitive Technology floowstanding speakers if my budget allows.

Any opinions/information/suggestions please let me know!

DRIVER SPECS!!

MOREL MW-114S 4" DPC WOOFER
Power handling: 150 watts RMS/210 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 2-1/8" * Voice coil inductance: .47 mH * Impedance: 8 ohms * DC resistance: 5.6 ohms * Frequency response: 55-7,000 Hz * Fs: 65 Hz * SPL: 87 dB 1W/1m * Vas: .113 cu. ft. * Qms: 2.32 * Qes: .36 * Qts: .31 * Xmax: 3.0mm

MOREL MW-113 4" MID-BASS WOOFER
Power handling: 150 watts RMS/210 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 2-1/8" * Voice coil inductance: .25 mH * Impedance: 8 ohms * DC resistance: 6.2 ohms * Frequency response: 70-6,000 Hz * Fs: 72 Hz * SPL: 87 dB 1W/1m * Vas: .15 cu. ft. * Qms: 3.13 * Qes: 1.03 * Qts: .75 * Xmax: 3.0mm *

MOREL MDT-33 1-1/8" SOFT DOME TWEETER
*Power handling: 200 watts RMS/280 watts max *Impedance: 8 ohms *Re: 5.2 ohms *Frequency response: 1,800-20,000 Hz *Fs: 700 Hz *SPL: 92.5 dB 1W/1m

MOREL MDT-37 1-1/8" SOFT DOME TWEETER
Power handling: 200 wattsRMS/280 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 1-1/8" * Impedance: 8 ohms * DC resistance: 5.2 ohms * Frequency response: 1,800-22,000 Hz * Fs: 700 Hz * SPL: 93 dB 1W/1m

I'm using the 114, lovely woofer, copes well with low order Xovers, nice midrange, it will never do low bass though, mine don't do much under 60Hz but they do everything above very nicely indeed and are very tight and punchy in ported cabinets.

Highly reccomended, the MDT44 and MDT30/32 are well worth a look too, the 33 is fantastic though.

From a design point-of-view there is not much reason to go TMMM.

TMM compensates for baffle step using the second woofer to just cover lower frequencies and the first to cover bass and midrange.

TMMM will work if you use the first M as a midrange driver and compensate for baffle step in the highpass. Then the bottom MM in parallel will cover the bass after baffle step, or even in the middle of it if designed correctly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.