Center channel using TB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to build an inexpensive center channel and thought I could do that with TB full ranges. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so with what kind of results?
Would it be better to use multiple drivers and if so how many?

My only goal is to increase the enjoyment of movies by making the dialog more audible. I currently only have stereo and the dialog from DVDs is often difficult to understand without turning it up real loud. So my theory was a center channel on which I can turn up the volume. somehow in the back of my mind something tells me it won't solve my problem so let me know what you guys think.

P.S. I just finished my first DIY speakers, but I'm too stupid to post a pic.

The DVD player might have some control over the levels of each channel. If so, you could set the centre channel to around +3dB relative to the other channels. Even though you only have 2 speakers, the signal going into them will be equalized with a louder mono mix, giving you slightly more audible centre.

:)ensen.

I'm made temporary center channels using TB and Hi-Vi wide ranges.

One problem with these TB widerange speakers is the efficiency, its very low. If I wanted a wide range center channel from TB I'd order one of the new Titanium TB speakers, they do cost in the $30 range, but their are about 88-89db efficient at 1w/1m.

I'd say a single driver because of this article http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/id...298&forumID=37&catID=1&search=1&searchstring=

Godd Luck,

Josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.