Line array for HT with built in powered woofs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First let me say all you guys are great! I have spent the last 2 or 3 weeks being overwhelmed with all the information on here!

My plan is to build some line arrays for my living room which is mainly for HT use but also sometimes for music.

I'll probably do a NSB line array with a couple of ribbon tweets like chipco3434s that I have seen on here but I also want to add some low end capability to the LAs. What are the recommendations for powered woofs in the base of a LA to keep up level wise with a substantial array (16 or more mids)? I do have a serious sub that I just built utilizing a 15" quatro in a 6.0 cuft tuned to 19hz however I would like to keep that as a dedicated LFE channel instead of using the receivers internal crossover to send all lower frequencies to that sub.

Also, what about center channel? I would like to have all 5 speakers matched but a LA center channel would be difficult to implement as the thing would have to be directly in front of the tv!!! Any other options to match a center channel to the mains and rears if they are all line arrays???

Thanks in advance guys...

Ethan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.