Anyone have T/S on PPI Powerclass PRO12's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Consider yourself very very very lucky, i own these subs as well :)

They are really rare, and old, so i doubt you'd come across many owners of these, especially in a home audio forum lol!

Anyway here they are:

Normal Power Handling 300W rms
Voice Coil Diameter 3”
Voice Coil Type / Former edge wound/Kapton
Resonant Frequency 43Hz
Qts-Total Damping 0.52
Qms- Mechanical Damping 2.51
Qes- Electromagnetic Damping 0.66
Vas- Equivalent Compliance Volume 43.97 Liter
DC Resistance of V.C. 4W / 8W
Sensitivity(SPL at 1W) 89.31 dB
Linear Excursion ±5.5mm
Peak to Peak Excursion ±13mm
Mms- Total Mass 114.7 grams
Sd- Piston Area 0.0512 sqM
Bl- Magnet Product 13.74 TM
Diaphragm Material carbon fiber/Nomex honeycomb
Basket Material cast aluminum
Net Weight 24.18lb
Dimensions 12.27” dia. X 4.75” H
Mounting Diameter 11.125” dia.

I actually have the pdf manual for them but i cant send attachments when emailing thru diyaudio so if you want it, give me your email and i'll send the pdf to you.

BTW put this sub in a ported box. 1.5-2cuft, tune to about 35-37Hz, and enjoy :)

Yours is a heaven sent reply for me, woohoo! thanks!

I had to buy all 4 from this guy cause I thought they were a steal. The last pair got BINNED for $289 in a flash, I was not going to miss these!

Please send me the pdf at

s a p g u y at p r o d i g y dot net.

PS: Got any enclosure volumes for a F3 at 29Hz?

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

Oh yeah!

I did some WinISD simulations:

With a 5.5 cu Ft ported enclosure tuned at 28.68 Hz with a 4” Port (which I have), Each sub will have a -3 db point at about 25Hz !!! :)

I can get 117db at 29Hz with a SINGLE 12” sub…. AMAZING!

With a pair that’s 120db @29Hz…. Albeit feeding 600 watts to each sub.

Hearing aid, here I come.... :D

Hi again

I am sending the pdf as we speak. :) Is there any reason that you want to tune to 29Hz? Trust me, with cabin gain factored in, the sub will still go mighty low when tuned at 35Hz. The only problem with the sub is the anaemic xmax of 5.5mm which means extension below 30Hz at serious output levels is not very likely. But FWIW, above 30Hz, there are few car subs which approach the capability of this sub.

I took a look at that ebay auction you won and yes, that price is really great! I recall seeing them sell for a lot more typically. i was also pretty lucky myself. got a pair of mint 12s for about 300US. Still havent gotten around to using them though. I also have another pair of 10s which i am using, and i absolutely love them. i cant imagine how much better the 12s would be.

Well, that was fun, not often i get to talk car audio in a forum like this. Hope you enjoy the sub!

/wonders how in gods name you plan to hide a 5.5cuft box in your house/car :devilr:

Regards

blackreplica said:

/wonders how in gods name you plan to hide a 5.5cuft box in your house/car :devilr:

Regards

You know what even without considering teh WAF, I am down to 3.75 cu FT per woofer. because the group delay with 5.5 tuned at 28Hz was horrendous. Perhaps I should think of taking your advice.

PS: I have a pair of the PRO8's in my car.... pesky lil' monsters. ;)

Oh and yes, these will go in my basement not my car.... before the PRO8's I had a pair of JBL 2226H's..:) but they took up too much trunk space.... Let me re-do the WINISD for 35Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.