Nice PA 10inch?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need two nice pa mid speakers.
They will go into a cabinet playing 150 hz and up. NO LO BASS.
I want to make a as simple crossover as possible.
Tweeter will be some bms 1 inchers. possible xo between 2-6k.
200w+ and 95 db+
It will be powered by a mackie 1200 amp.
Cabinet is already built so it really needs to be a 10.
Is there anyone with suggesstions out there?
Thank you all !

The older JBL 2123 makes for a fine midrange that has a nice smooth rolloff at 4-5K. These will handle a lot of power, are very sensitive, and are really quite transparent/accurate sounding. Here is a pair I built for a friend using the four of the 2123 200-2k with a horn loaded 15 for bass and a ribbon for the treble. With a big enough baffle and a sealed or open back they can go to 150-200 cycles. Same goes for the PHL 3451, except it's a bit more ragged in the treble.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you are feeling rich the JBL's are fine If you can find some they are no longer made.
However "Eminence" do a nice range of 10" drivers from 100 watts up. The delta 10 realy trucks, team that up with an eminence 2002 compression driver on a suitable flare & you will have a very potent little box (I hope your joints are tight) :D .

Selineum also do some nice 10's and some nice top end.

But even the chaep stuff like soundking is starting to get very respectable if treated with some "craft".

hell in PA stuff in the US the choices are vast.
cheers

No doubt - don't have these yet to try but they are only 65.00.

I have some spare used JBL 2123J's - 16 ohm if anyone is interested.

10" Madison Executioner 10
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
http://madisonspeakers.netfirms.com/0105/index.html

lowlevel said:
If you are feeling rich the JBL's are fine If you can find some they are no longer made.

But even the chaep stuff like soundking is starting to get very respectable if treated with some "craft".

hell in PA stuff in the US the choices are vast.
cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.