Newbie need help to build 2-way bookshelf loudspeaker!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, i'm newbie in building loudspeaker. I need to build a high quality 2-way bookshelf loudspeaker???Does anyone know how to build and design it???What tweeter and woofer should i use??And i need a simple crossover for my 2-way loudspeaker, can anyone help me??:) I doesn't know how to build own diy inductor, what is the wire's diameter and how many turn , and what is the different between air core inductor and core inductor????

What aubot using a prefabricated kit instead of trying to combine speakers by yourself?
If you buy a kit you get everything needed and you then only have to build cabinets by yourself.
Scan- Speak, Visaton or any other manufacturers are selling those kits...

If you lateron are happy with your new hobby, then you can go on buying somme good books about speakerbuilding.
And read and read and read...

And then you may be into measuring speakers by yourself, then you can think about combining speakers yourself...

It's a loooong way to go until then...

MPOV...

greetings, B.

I need to build a high quality 2-way bookshelf loudspeaker???Does anyone know how to build and design it???

Yes.

What tweeter and woofer should i use??

SEAS, ScanSpeak, Vifa, Peerless are just some of the good ones.

And i need a simple crossover for my 2-way loudspeaker, can anyone help me??

Sure.

I doesn't know how to build own diy inductor, what is the wire's diameter and how many turn , and what is the different between air core inductor and core inductor????

The wire's diameter will be dictated mainly by the power handling of the coil in mind and your series resistance goal. How many turns? What are the difference between cores? I see that you're an EE student, these are 1st-year level questions the answers to which are found in any good physics book... or you could do a google search. However, most books don't tell you of nonlinearities like core saturation -- a bad thing just in case you didn't know. So, air core inductors are prefered.

I think at this point you may want to consider building a kit. Designing loudspeakers, "high quality" and newbie cannot all be used in the same sentence.

Build a kit as Benny suggested. Also, have a look at the following books.

Good luck and most of all enjoy :)

Advanced Speaker Designs (for the hobbyist and technician)
- Ray Alden

Designing, Building & Testing your Own Speakers
- David Weems

The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook
- Vance Dickason

Bullock on Boxes
- Robert Bullock III (and Robert White)

Testing Loudspeakers
- Joseph D'Appolito

Introduction to Electroacoustics and Audio Amplifier Design
- W. Marshall Leach Jr.

Theory and Design of Loudspeaker Enclosures
- J. Ernest Benson

Acoustics
- Leo Beranek

Fundamentals of Acoustics
- Lawrence Kinsler

Acoustical Engineering
- Harry Olson

Fundamentals of Physical Acoustics
- David Blackstock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.