budget ribbon bookshelf speakers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2005, 01:16 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Listen to the good advice given above by planet10 and the others...

Then build whatever you really want to build.. Just make sure you listen to all the advice first so you don't blame others when you have screwups along the way, its a learning experience... I got all the same advice but decided to start my own design with a little help from the folks on this board. Having said that, I managed to destroy one of my ribbon tweeters last friday and now I have to repair or replace it

If you're willing to incure a little extra cost and enjoy trying new things its totally worth it to build from scratch, you can be sure that no one will have a speaker system exactly like it. Theres a lot of pride in pointing at something and saying "I made that myself" ..

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck and remember everything takes 3 times longer to finish than you plan...

--Chris
Old 17th April 2005, 01:38 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to xstephanx
Well well well! alot more input now that ive been gone a day.

I was looking at adire kit 51s, but then decided not to, due to the fact that id rather a floorstander(but see below!).

Since i would love to have some floorstanders, and im good nuff at winisd, could i take an already existant bookshelf design, and create a tower enclosure for it? just model it as an EBS-3 enclosure, to gimme that extra extension, check my max power inputs etc, and then keep the crossover the same? im attracted to floorstander becuase i have the space, and floortanders allows you to make as big a box as you want to get all the extension out of it.

anyway im off to model the kit 51 woofer to see if i can get it to model well as a tower.
Old 17th April 2005, 02:15 AM   #13
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by xstephanx
Since i would love to have some floorstanders, and im good nuff at winisd, could i take an already existant bookshelf design, and create a tower enclosure for it? just model it as an EBS-3 enclosure, to gimme that extra extension,
or just extend the box to meet the floor and fill the void with sand.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!