Line array wiring suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It’s almost time to wire up my line arrays and I was pondering if I should go with a 3.6 ohm load on the woofers or a 14.4 ohm load. They’re 6ohm drivers, 10 in all, with a Fountek JP-2.0 tweeter in the center. They’re 89db/2.83v so my rough guesstimates yield a sensitivity of 101.5db @ 3.6 ohms and 95.5db @ 14.4 ohms. These will be using a Behringer DCX2496 active crossover.

3.6 ohms = a-a-a-b-b-T-c-c-d-d-d
14.4 ohms = a-a-a-b-b-T-b-b-a-a-a

I doubt I’ll ever have to put more than a few watts into the woofers so I was leaning toward the 14.4 ohm configuration. However, if I ever decide to give them away and use a passive crossover on them the 3.6ohms would be helpful in dealing with BSC due to the higher sensitivity of the woofers. The Fountek, if I remember correctly, is 98db/1w.

Thanks for any input!

Thanks for the input so far! :D

I thought I'd upload a picture I took 5 minutes ago. I just got the baffle flush and used the roundover on the cabinet. Not too shabby for a first time woodworker, eh? I know this is probably an insane project for a first timer, but I really wanted to make my first pair of speakers stand out and be worth all the time and effort. Thanks again to everyone who has given me input and suggestions!

Attachments

• roundover.jpg
    roundover.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.