Neutrik Speakon connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks folks.
Brian GT, I think you mean 40 amps. Which is a lot.
I like these connectors and are going to use them again in a bi-amp aplication I'm just surprised that we don't see them used more since they are very rugged yet quick and affordable. I was wondering if a flood of anti-Speakon posts would follow but I think I found Speakon fans instead!

The ampreage and wattage ratings are what interested me first because you need to have high contact preasure and large surface contact (good things) to get those ratings.

Yet, Speakon seems to be relegated to pro-sound use...

Price wise I don't know the price on the brand new STX series but the SPX line is what I consider very affordable at about $6.00 each. You can spend an arm and a leg for gold plated spades or bananas and binding posts if you are bi-amping.

timo said:
Price wise I don't know the price on the brand new STX series but the SPX line is what I consider very affordable at about $6.00 each. You can spend an arm and a leg for gold plated spades or bananas and binding posts if you are bi-amping.

WOW :bigeyes: That is a good price, I was looking at like $20 a cord for a 15-20 footer.

Ill keep the SPX in mind...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.