Help designing and building a center channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I need help designing and building a center channel speaker.

I am planning on using the MMTMM configuration. For the mid I have decided to use the HI-VI B3N. I have yet to decide on a tweeter for this project. I need help with which tweeter to use, and need help with a crossover design. My only real design constraint is that it must be as small as it is going to be mounted in the mantel above my fireplace. If it helps I will be using a panasonic saxr50 digital amplifier to drive this with.

I am no good with electonics but can do the assembly if told what to use (the reason I am posting this). I can do all the wood work easily.

I was originally going to get the spires center channel from creative sound but those are now discontinued. I did have some communications with them for some left over parts, but I seem to have been forgotten about on there end and am sure that since our last communication they have no stock left.

I am hoping somone here can help me get this started so that I can enjoy normal dialog as it is meant to be in a HT.

TAzz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.