Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Line Array for HT
Line Array for HT
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2005, 01:21 AM   #1
Fazorcat is offline Fazorcat  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Line Array for HT

I've heard a lot about making cheap but good line array speakers using parts from PartsExpress. I was wondering if a home theater would benefit from 2 tall line array speakers for the Fronts. Since in home theater you have surround speakers that provide all angles of sound, I'm not sure if having line array speakers would be a benefit. Anybody know?
Old 5th April 2005, 06:37 AM   #2
Feandil is offline Feandil  United States
Account Disabled

the improvement would be incredible
Old 5th April 2005, 02:55 PM   #3
RJ is offline RJ  United States
diyAudio Member

After building my line array I kept debating about building a sub-woofer or add some more speakers for a 5.1 system. The more I listened to these speakers the more it became apparent that I didn't need a sub-woofer or surrounds. The music from these line arrays are incredible as is the movie experience.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/hpnx0294.jpg
Old 5th April 2005, 06:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Wow RJ, those speakers look very nice. The thing with me is that I already have a complete HT system. I just wanted to upgrade my fronts because they aren't that clear.... they are DJ Club speakers, like these ... http://www.gemsound.com/products_spe...club_1505.html

So I thought about a line array, since I thought they were really clear with many mids and tweeters. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, but I hope it works. Any opinions on if I should have went a different route to upgrade my fronts?
Old 5th April 2005, 09:22 PM   #5
Luke (Uof Iowa) is offline Luke (Uof Iowa)  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazorcat
Wow RJ, those speakers look very nice. The thing with me is that I already have a complete HT system. I just wanted to upgrade my fronts because they aren't that clear.... they are DJ Club speakers, like these ... http://www.gemsound.com/products_spe...club_1505.html

So I thought about a line array, since I thought they were really clear with many mids and tweeters. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, but I hope it works. Any opinions on if I should have went a different route to upgrade my fronts?
Depends on how much you want to spend and what your goals are. If you are looking for "clarity" there are several other options than just limiting yourself to a line array.
Old 6th April 2005, 04:53 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

What are some other options that come to mind?

Line Array for HTHide this!Advertise here!