Extremis 261 with Usher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sounded very good indeed! Cabinents were Al's usual high quality and those guy's had enough bass to loosen your fillings.
It wasn't much fun carrying them up the stairs though. All in all, it seems to be a very successful, detailed and coherent design, congradulations. I expect to see a lot of interest in these, and FWIW, Jonathon ( who was with me today) is allready talking about selling his speakers and purchasing these. I'm assuming that he liked them as well :^)

Best Regards,
TerryO

Terry
As usual very good to see you again, yes we had a good day I thought.Nice for Dan to do such things.
Learning his measurment methods as well as using praxis to its ability is always nice as well.

Yes my wife sure loved them for sure.Really she wants a single speaker that can play lots of BASS as she loves bass with out having a sub present in the room.

Terry you know the room Family room in the back were the kitchen is.
Both rooms join as one 14ft wide 45 ft long with a 8ft ceiling these 261 fill the room with no such large presence you have to be stunned.

Have a good one till we meet again.
I sence another get together coming :bigeyes:

Al

They did sound great Al. The Extremis is a world-class driver at a bargain price. I think we're very fortunate to live in the Northwest where we get the first opportunity to hear this new line of drivers coming from Adire. That Usher tweeter sure is nice too. I hope to have my 3-way done by the time we get together again. :smash:

As Al mentioned:

Terry you know the room Family room in the back were the kitchen is.
Both rooms join as one 14ft wide 45 ft long with a 8ft ceiling these 261 fill the room with no such large presence you have to be stunned.

For those that haven't been to Al's place I can vouch for the fact that in the past many otherwise good designs have had problems "filling" that room. From what the 261's did at Adire, I'm confident that Al's not exaggerating their capability in the least.

Now, if I can just get my current NSB/ Boy Scout project single driver speakers to output that kind of bass..................:^)
Best Regards,
TerryO

Terry
I ran the NSB as I had saved them from my projects with the kids a few years ago.
And just as we thought on the hole size for the port.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Terry here is photos of what the kids did.

In all they turned out like I said the best Silicone 50/50 with water.Does not add mass to the cone and adds enough cone control that it smooths out the response very very good.
Sorry never kept the data as it was just a test project and was done on the fly.

If these are to big I will start a thread for them.

Al
Back the the Extremis :eek:

TerryO said:
Now, if I can just get my current NSB/ Boy Scout project single driver speakers to output that kind of bass..................:^)

LOL... Maybe if we make one big speaker with the entire box of those little 4" Parts Express specials, we just might do it! How many do we have, 24? At 50 cents apiece, it'd still be quite a bargain...

Re: selling my speakers. Yes, I'm quite tempted. I've got a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 100's that I know could still fetch a pretty penny on eBay. The main conundrum is, what to build? The Extremis/Usher combos sounded so nice... but that little 4" Adire WR125 is such a looker... Given that I've built a Tempest sub, how well do you think a minimonitor with one of the WR125's would mate?

You have enough drivers. Now you just need the amps and DSP. We know Terry can do the DSP math for us!

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Dan,
I'm not familiar with DSP. Does it stand for Persistant Selective Deslexia? As for the math, without calling in some of my relatives I'm only able to calculate up to 24 bits, then I run out of fingers and toes. If you need 48 bits I'll get my cousin.
Best Regards,
TerryO

Math? We don't need no stinkin' math!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.