What's that program that simulates speaker lobing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
454Casull said:
Well, I'd like to simulate the response for 2 identical drivers aligned vertically (i.e. the woofers in a MWW box).

Then I would imagine the VPR program is what you would use instead of the ARPE program.

By the way, I tried the VPR program and it looks good, but I don't know how to read waterfall plots. So it was of limited usefulness for me. But perhaps not for you.

I think there is a thread around here somewhere about reading waterfall plots. Hmmmm.

PS: That Edge program looks very useful,AndrewJ. Thanks.

kelticwizard said:

Then I would imagine the VPR program is what you would use instead of the ARPE program.

By the way, I tried the VPR program and it looks good, but I don't know how to read waterfall plots. So it was of limited usefulness for me. But perhaps not for you.

I think there is a thread around here somewhere about reading waterfall plots. Hmmmm.

PS: That Edge program looks very useful,AndrewJ. Thanks.
The problem with the VPR spreadsheet is that the response changes radically as you increase the number of samples per octave - yet, intuitively, it seems that by increasing the number of samples, the response becomes more accurate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.