WBT Terniamal Jack install problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am building my first DIY speaker, a proac 2.5 clone, I just brought some WBT ternimal jacks for it. I know people are using these jacks for their DIY speakers. The back of the cabinet for my speaker is using 3/4 inch MDF, my question is how can I install the WBT ternimal jack into a 3/4 inch MDF? The base of the jack is just little bit longer then my 3/4 inch MDF, what's the suitable diameter should I drill for these jack? If I drill 11.5mm as the spec sheet indicated, then there is no way to stable the jack. But if I drill the diameter as the width of the jack base, then there is a 2.5 x 2 nut on the jack, should I just leave the nut outside?

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

Mounting methods

Hi,
I do believe WBT sells aluminum plate with holes already drill for mounting the binding posts. Then the plate can be attached by means of 4 screws at each corner, I believe but don't quote me on that.
I believe the WBT binding post was designed to be used on amps, panel mount or chasis mount.

But a cheaper way is to make your own plate. Cut a hole and mount the plate and put a rigid closed cell form inside (before the plate) to compensate for the thin wall.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.