may PLOP sound damage speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I've got a Behringer cx2310 active crossover. I use it to cross @ 300 hertz (same frequencie as the original passive crossover) between the low section an mid+high section of my Canton RC-L speakers. De mid to high section is still a passive crossover.
When I press the on/off button on my crossover, it gives a PLOP sound through the speakers. I guess this is a short DC signal. I'm not really worried about blowing the woofers, but is it possible that it blows the midrange unit?

When I press the on/off button on my crossover, it gives a PLOP sound through the speakers. I guess this is a short DC signal. I'm not really worried about blowing the woofers, but is it possible that it blows the midrange unit?

That depends on the waveshape (i.e. spectral content) and power of that plop.

When you run an active system get yourself used to switching everything ON by starting with the source(s) and switching OFF by starting at the power amps. This is in fact good practice for other setups as well.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.