A question about building a sealed box (acoustic suspension).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the math I need in order find the box volume, but I'm not sure whether the actual dimensions are of importance (the hXwXd).
I have gathered that they shouldn't be equal to or whole multiples of one another, but I don't know anything else besides it.
ideas anyone?

TIA,

Jonathan

Baffle dimensions and driver placement on the baffle affect the diffraction of sound as it reaches the edges of the baffle. When the sound wave reaches a change in the space it radiates to, it reradiates. It is best if these reradiations do not occur all at the same time - worst case a circular baffle with the driver at the center of the circle.

Search for baffle diffraction with Google - you will find a few articles and a few simulators - one a full-featured excel spreadsheet I had a small hand in and one a simpler standalone program by a person (Svante) who frequents this board.

these baffle diffraction effects are much more prominent than box shape related effects inside the box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.