The inpact of tweaking a HT10 coax

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im modifying an existing crossover design and I start to think that something is going wrong.
The speaker Im modifying is the adire ht10 and im replacing the tweeter with a unit that can handle more power.
The new unit is the bms 4540ND it have the staggering sensitivity
of 114 db but a decent curve for a compdriver.
I installed the unit and tested my way to a atennuation value of about -11 db. The impedence should be ....well the specs given by bms are a bit tacky but at the crossover point it looks like about 9ohms and with my resistors it should have dropped a little overall.
Anyway thats not the problem I have,the crossover point sounds ok to me and the tweeter takes over nicely.
The real problem seems to be a hump around 350hz that I had not noticed before...in the beta 10cx! At this point I cannot reconnect the acd1 that was originally supplied w this speaker,they are dead after a night at the theatre.So no way of testing the original responce.
What I can think of as cause is A the new tweeter is messing up the existing crossover of the bassunit or B the killer gauss of the bms is changeing the responce of the beta just by its extra magnetic force.
Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.