DIY anechoic chamber!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Snickers-is said:
Did you not get that the wire pulls the door handle? I actually latch the door every time I am inside the room and closes the door. Then it is only to pull the wire to release the door.
Given the level of work you did, I am confident that you are very good. So good, that if the wire broke, you would not be able to break your way out.
Snickers-is said:
BTW I have worked many years as a locksmith if it makes you feel more relaxed about it :)
I'm sure you are very good at that.

I would be much more relaxed if you designed a secondary method to get out of that box in the event your wire thingy broke.

Good luck

John

Snickers-is said:
So what do you do if you are inside a toilet and the beautiful brass door handle breakes when you pull it? :smash:
Why, call you of course....;)

hmmmm...an anechoic toilet...the joke potential is endless..:D

Snickers-is said:

Hehe, I also got a small device we call a "cell phone". It is very popular in Norway, and we use it to communicate with other people. :D

Yah, I have a cell phone too..but it only woiks when I have it with me..;) ...normally, not in the toilet...

BTW, saw the plots....color me.....jealous

Nice job...be safe..

Cheers, John

Here is a Lyeco 8" woofer in closed box:

I see subtle differences between 25ms and 170ms plots 160Hz - 2khz region. Under 120hz the measurement could be a little bit innacurate because of short window for 3 cycles (which I think are needed for adequate accuracy) and differences are bigger.
For all that the result surprised me. I expected much more wilder, peaky differencies.
The similarity in low-end between simulation and 25ms window is not probably systematic and repeatable. As more acurate measurement I see 170ms window, where the differencies are big, but devaluated chamber demerit.

Snickers-is said:
BTW, the uretane foam does burn very well, so the room will NOT be used to sleep in. :hot:

Hmmm...that is not very good.

One deep breath, and you'd be out..regardless of cable, buzzer, cell phone, whatever..

Can you build fiberglass filled steep angle wedges instead?

If you have to keep the fire hazard, please adopt a 2 man rule..

Cheers, John

MLS signal is not very god for very low frequency measurement. Use either a low pass filtered MLS signal or even better a Log Sine sweep.

ETF has a full function demo at:

http://www.acoustisoft.com/index.html

( this is a LP MLS signal)

The log sine sweep can be found at:

http://www.ramsete.com/aurora/

Assuming that you can find cool edit as the host program somewhere

Using these tools you should see very clearly som major standing waves in the bass region

The results so far is more a result of the limited resolution of the measurement system than the very interesting room

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.