SW wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!

I am looking for a SW that can meassure the frequency, phase and impedance response on loudspeaker element with help of the PC soundcard.

But are there any programs that can also make a filter simulation on the captured frequency, phase and impedance response made on any loudspeaker element?

/Michael

---

Update:

Related to post #12, Claudio Negro's web page containing an alternative Speaker Workshop manual written by Claudio and Jay.
Claudio Negro's home page, how to project and test a loudspeaker using Speaker Workshop

Last edited:
Speaker Workshop is an excellent piece of software but it does have a steep learning curve unless you have some guidance. I suggest either the Manual that I put together with Claudio Negro and Nelson Wood's help (among others) at Audiodiycentral.com or do a google search for claudio negro's web site. There are other references as well at both his site and in my Manual.

Good Luck and enjoy,

Jay

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I second Pinkmouses' opinion, easily the most accessible guide to SW workshop!

Jay when you get round to writing it I'd suggest including an indepth look at solving the more complex problems such as group deley, phase, cabinet resonances etc. But still make it as accessible as before.

I'd be happy to do what I can however if I understand your request correctly, the cabinet resonance issue is addressed (at least partially) in the construction hints section while phase is addressed in the crossover section. Group Delay does warrant some additional attention however I think that there is quite a bit of disagreement amongst those much more knowledgeable than I regarding design so I attempted to provide some general considerations.

Please give me more specifics regarding what you would like to see and I will do my best. I do want to stress as I did in the Preface that I am a novice in this area (not even an engineer) so what I am attempting to do is to gather information spread around and to consolidate it around a guide for SW.

I am not attempting to be resistant, but I want everyone to understand that I do not hold myself as an expert. I will do my best to accomodate all requests, however, even if it takes asking someone with more experience and knowledge than I to write a section.

Jay

Hi Pinkmouse,

Yes, any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Hi Ultima Thule,

You found Claudio Negro's site. It is excellent. I used much of his information and consulted with him as well in putting together the Manual. You may find his method of explanation better than mine so I suggest you try both and use whichever works best for you. I have included a lot of other information that may either be helpful or perhaps some might find it confusing. In either case, good luck.

Jay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.