Ss 15w4531g00 + D2904-9500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm working on a project of my own, using Scan-Speak 15W4531G00 midwoofer + D2904 -9500 tweeter (a 4-ohm version of the well-known D2905-9500, that I bought by mistake...), using two separate boxes, one on top of the other, decoupled by small spikes.

The upper box is something like a minimonitor (like Scan-Speak A4 monitor) working from 100 Hz up (or somehing like that), while the other box contains two SS 26W8861T woofers, placed back to back, to do the heavy job (and to "feel" Trinity in the air...). I will biamp the system, using an active crossover for the lower crossover, and a passive crossover for the 15W and D2904.

I have already built the (four) boxes, including finishing (as you can see in the photo, without spikes...), and started working on the passive crossover, starting with a first-order one, but it needs much more work...

Since the goal was keeping it as far as possible as a two-way project, I'm trying to tune the small boxes first, and than biamp it, with the active crossover set to 100 Hz or so.

Does anyone have suggestions? Wich order should I use? I assume that impedance correction is needed (for the 15W, at least...).

Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments

• colunas.jpg
    colunas.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 231
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.