Stealing web pages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Forgive me moderators for not posting in the best area, but I wanted to give it as much exposure as possible. I'm really peeved at someone cloning a page from my (audio) website with probable intent to modify and use it as a basis for their own.

http://www.smellydan.f2s.com/rum1.htm is a clone of my site: http://www.vikash.info/audio/

Some of us put a lot of time and effort into this stuff, I and it disgusts me when I see stuff like this. The culprit so far has only changed the copyright to his name.

So Daniel Rummary, are you a member of this forum...

That sucks. :redhot:

Domain name: RUMARY.COM

Administrative Contact:
Tidey, Dionne domainadmin@freedom2surf.net
1 Pudding Lane
off Market Place
ST. ALBANS
Herts, AL3 5SQ
UK
+44.1727811530 Fax: +44.1727867301

Technical Contact:
Panayis, Nicholas support@freedom2surf.net
Abbey View
38-40 The Maltings
St Albans, Herts AL13HL
GB
+44.8702423758 Fax: +44.1727867301

Also...

Domain name: F2S.COM

Administrative Contact:
Panayis, Nicholas domainadmin@freedom2surf.net
38/40 The Maltings
St Albans, AL1 3HL
UK

Technical Contact:
Panayis, Nicholas support@freedom2surf.net
Abbey View
38-40 The Maltings
St Albans, Herts AL13HL
GB

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Sorry to hear about this Vikash.

Its a blatent rip and its looking like he's taking credit for all the projects on your site, which is the biggest offender IMO. Just taking the page layout wouldn't have been so bad but claiming others intellectual property is low.

weird

He isn't 'stealing' in any conventional way, nor on the outside is he taking credit for anything that I can see. All the link destinations are identical to the original, hell if he keeps it up, you will be getting your bandwidth served for free.

He even left the name of the original URL of the page in the source. He's either the most incompetent web 'thief' on the planet or something else is going on...

If I had to guess I'd say he likes the look and feel of your website and is using your home page as a template and springboard for his efforts. His default page doesn't even link to yours, as far as I can see you can only get there by using the link you posted or something like google...

Bizarre

Stuart

He only has a rendered static version of a single page, and probably just wants to use it as a template. No doubt this is infringing, unethical, and infuriating, but to add insult to injury there is potential for search engines to treat it as a cloak/gateway/doorway page which could have subsequent effect on my site. Now to add salt to the wound, I have commercial interest in the site and there is potential for it to have serious effect if it doesn't come down quick, or even if any similar code/references remain

I just don't think he understands the consequences of his actions aside from using someone else's code to make his own website look good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.