Connecting EQ to Surround Receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey - I know this is the loudspeaker forum but I figure anybody here can answer this (except me) - I want to get a multi-band equalizer for my system, but I just have a surround sound receiver - no pre-amp, etc. Will it work with just line in/out? I can't see how the signal gets back to the receiver from the EQ. Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

If your receiver has a tape (monitor loop) that is independent of the input selector, you can insert the equalizer (or any other sound processing equipment) in that loop. The line input of the equalizer gets connected to REC/OUT of the tape loop and the output of the equalizer should be connected to the PLAY/IN jacks of the tape loop. When the tape monitor button is in the ON position, the EQ will be inserted in the receiver's signal chain. When the tape button is in the OFF position, the EQ is removed from the signal chain.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.