Adire Bang! Compatable sub and center

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this site, have been a lurker for a couple of weeks. Let me start by saying I am a very new and GREEN audio Hobbyist. A friend and I have each recently built a pair of the Adire Bang! Speakers as a beginner's project. Everything turned out great and these are wonderful for the small investment involved. My daughter now wants to build a pair for her personal use and we were thinking of taking hers and mine and integrating them to build a DTS system - One set as the front and one set as the rear channels. My question is this, Does anyone have any suggestions for a compatable DIY center channel and Sub Woofer that we could build on a frugal budgit. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bayarm

Im almost finished building my pair of BANG's and the directions do not call for a shielded woofer, mostly due im sure to cost cutting to meet their budget goals..but taking a look at MCM's site, they do offer a shielded version of the same woofer, for about 4$ more. I think planet 10 was wondering about the sheilding because he was gonna suggest matching the woofer(s) used for the surround, im pretty sure. Please tell what you end up using and how it ends up, im interested.

Mike

I'm interested in the BANG! also...

Bayarm002,

I am curious how your speakers have turned out and if you ever found a suitable center channel and sub for your project.

I just found the BANG! designs at Adire's site and I am going to attempt them myself.

Couple questions:

1) Did you place the crossovers in the cabinets? And if so where?

2) Did you use any acoustic foam of the like inside the cabinets?

3) The two diagonal pieces shown in the 'back' view, did you hold these in place with screws?

4) Any other helpful info.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.