About to refurbish my Cambridge R50's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know whether there is a definitive answer to my question, but I would really like to hear the views of others more knowledgable than myself.

My Cambridge R50's are, so far as I can tell, original in all respects. The cabinets are showing their age and I need to do some cosmetic work on them. Now, my question: when I replace the drivers, should I make a point of putting then back exactly as they were or should I consider rotating them by 180 degrees?

There is nothing to suggest that voice coil suspensions are sagging or that voice coils are rubbing on magnets...... just wondered what people thought.

TIA

One of the things which amazed me about these speakers, given the fact that they cannot have been cheap to make, is the poor quality of the connections used to wire them up to the amps. I plan to replace these with something more substantial, so replacing the cross-over cables will probably be part of the exercise anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.