HEy have anybody thought about this??? Experts!!! (best computer speakers) Not a lie - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th February 2005, 01:56 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default HEy have anybody thought about this??? Experts!!! (best computer speakers) Not a lie

Hi How are you people here going? I had this crazy i dea .Correct me if you think its crazy.I bought a logitech X-630 i think...it sounded like crap to me..So i dismantled it..And i gave my friend the amp from it..lol he was so happy he said he built a new enclosure for two subs a nd using the sub to push it.....Now here is waht i eas thinking...Logitech has a bigger speaker the Logitech z-560 i think(not 680) it has a powerfull amp..But the enclosure for the sub leaves much to be desired...So iwas thinking with a little work and support..I am going to use the amp from it and build new enclosures using other drivers and with the connections available i would have one kicking multimedia speaker..Better than the klipsch and gigaworks system....Tell me what you think
Old 19th February 2005, 02:15 AM   #2
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

I think several of us have done things similar to this.
Old 19th February 2005, 04:01 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

hey man Jesus loves you to and everyone thats alive in this world man..Cause he died for us to have life...So did the times you all tried it was it successful? what to look out for?
Old 19th February 2005, 04:17 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Look out for high voltages in switching power supplies.

Old 19th February 2005, 06:11 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The #1 Newb
hey man Jesus loves you to and everyone thats alive in this world man..Cause he died for us to have life...So did the times you all tried it was it successful? what to look out for?
Any chance of stowing the bible thumping bit?
Old 19th February 2005, 07:19 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Fitzpatrick
Any chance of stowing the bible thumping bit?
I'm pretty sure he was replying in kind to Stocker's sig (possibly without realizing it was a sig and not part of the post), but I agree any more discussion of that particular topic is pretty far off this board's purpose.
Old 19th February 2005, 04:22 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Yip i was responding to his sig....Ok so high voltage in the swithcing power supply right? what else i have to look out for...?what about peaks in certai frequency range in the amplifer would that be a problem? if so can you tell me how to get around it...?
Old 19th February 2005, 06:28 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Bill, not everyone hates God like you seem to, and it's a joy to find a fellow Christian, online or off. Don't be such a killjoy. If you want to bang on people going off-topic on THIS .com, you will have to shut the whole place down because it's an epidemic. I note also that the longer and more frequent the objections to the off-topics at hand, the longer the thread will be off-topic, so how about stowing the being a jerk bit.

Back on topic: It seems unlikely to me that a manufacturer of a speaker poor enough to need lots of equalization would bother to put it into the speaker's amplifier. Unless it's Bose of course...

If this is where you want to get your cheap amplifiers, you will probably be satisfied with the performance/cost ratio as well as the features that come with some amplified speakers (tone/aux. input etc. )
Old 20th February 2005, 03:50 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

The Logitech is a pretty expensive source for Tangband drivers.

:)ensen.
Old 20th February 2005, 04:04 AM   #10
kfr01 is offline kfr01  United States
diyAudio Member

Decent idea. Why the overly sensational topic line?

"Experts!!!" "Not a lie"

How about: "computer speakers using altec lansing parts"

Wouldn't that be more descriptive? Why not help other users decide if they want to look at your topic? Not trying to flame you, but imagine if everyone had topics like this. It would be a mess.

Hide this!Advertise here!