HEy have anybody thought about this??? Experts!!! (best computer speakers) Not a lie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi How are you people here going? I had this crazy i dea .Correct me if you think its crazy.I bought a logitech X-630 i think...it sounded like crap to me..So i dismantled it..And i gave my friend the amp from it..lol he was so happy he said he built a new enclosure for two subs a nd using the sub to push it.....Now here is waht i eas thinking...Logitech has a bigger speaker the Logitech z-560 i think(not 680) it has a powerfull amp..But the enclosure for the sub leaves much to be desired...So iwas thinking with a little work and support..I am going to use the amp from it and build new enclosures using other drivers and with the connections available i would have one kicking multimedia speaker..Better than the klipsch and gigaworks system....Tell me what you think

Bill, not everyone hates God like you seem to, and it's a joy to find a fellow Christian, online or off. Don't be such a killjoy. If you want to bang on people going off-topic on THIS .com, you will have to shut the whole place down because it's an epidemic. I note also that the longer and more frequent the objections to the off-topics at hand, the longer the thread will be off-topic, so how about stowing the being a jerk bit.

Back on topic: It seems unlikely to me that a manufacturer of a speaker poor enough to need lots of equalization would bother to put it into the speaker's amplifier. Unless it's Bose of course... ;)

If this is where you want to get your cheap amplifiers, you will probably be satisfied with the performance/cost ratio as well as the features that come with some amplified speakers (tone/aux. input etc. )

Decent idea. Why the overly sensational topic line?

"Experts!!!" "Not a lie"

How about: "computer speakers using altec lansing parts"

Wouldn't that be more descriptive? Why not help other users decide if they want to look at your topic? Not trying to flame you, but imagine if everyone had topics like this. It would be a mess.

Re: HEy have anybody thought about this??? Experts!!! (best computer speakers) Not a lie

The #1 Newb said:
So iwas thinking with a little work and support..I am going to use the amp from it and build new enclosures using other drivers and with the connections available

I dunno what you're paying for the Logitech setup, but if you're going to be building new enclosures for new drivers and just recycling the amp portion, you'd probably be better off just finding an amp elsewhere (either building one yourself or getting something used on eBay--also check out apexjr.com as they usually have amps similar to what you'd pull from the Logitech system). I mean, if you're just going to use the amp, there's no point in paying for the rest of the system.

DJNUBZ and r0cket, good ideas both.

The #1 Newb: You may have noticed the widespread popularity on this site of the National LMxxxx series of audio amplifiers. Get a board and solder it up, no worries. Well, usually! ;)

BUT if the electronics is the intimidating part, AND if the setup is not too expensive go for it. Learn how to do up your own amplifiers or not, later.

Thanks and the same to you.

I've noticed that these powered "computer speakers" are a pretty common item on the second-hand circuit (goodwill, st. vincent depaul, red shield, value village, etc). If you're interested in experimenting you could do much worse than to visit all of them in your area and see what you come up with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.