SL Phoenix or other dipole owners +internal wires

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m 80% of the way through building the Phoenix woofers.
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/woofer.htm

How did you neatly connect the wires from the amp, to the one woofer in each pair that has an *open back (the woofer next to G in the drawing), therefore nowhere to mount a speaker connector to?
Reason for asking: the back of mine will be a little on view (SAF).
Attach a block of wood to the ‘cabinet’, then attach a speaker connector to that? Is there a simpler way?

Any recommendations for internal wires within the woofers (the XLS, to be driven by a 100 w amp/ driver).

Thanks

Hi SBMan,

There is no sub in the Phoenix or the Orion. Both have excellent bass for music, natural in that there’s no much less room boom. You can supplement them with a sub for HT, eg with Linkwitz’s Thor.

Depends on your priorities, more bass (go bass reflex), or more clean bass (Phoenix or Orion). ;)

Cheers

It could be a month or two before I hear them (lack of floor space, high ceilings: I'm going to attach them to the ceiling).
But the Orions had no lack of bass, unless techno or organs are on the playlist (which I don’t listen to).
Mot simple projects (XOs, multi amps), but great ones, IMO.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.