amp goes clip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've just finished putting together a center channel which is really sweet, but as I'm breaking it in, I unhooked it from my cheap *** Sony ES home theater amp and stuck it on my carver amp, both amplification channels on the same input, and after a while at medium levels, my amp started clipping. Stopped playing for a little while (as if waiting to cool off) and started again... This happened a few times, and then plugged in 3 other speaker pairs drinving them at about the same aplification level, and none of them made my amp clip.

So I'm thinking there's something wrong in my XO but I can't find any short in the circuit, everything is clean, and (I have more exhaustive tests to run before being able to confirm this) it doesn't seem to clip when I stick a single channel to the speaker...

Help? Please? :) Any idea would be welcome...

the schematics are on my sThinkPad which I left at work, but here are the pics of the actual (very) unfinished product :)

Its MTM with MCM55-1855 and Seas 27TFFC. (Thanks Zaph)

And please, restrain yourself from laughing and bagning your head into your monitor... It can hurt pretty bad. :)

Attachments

• xo.jpg
    xo.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 97
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.