New HDS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone else noticed those new HDS series using PP and paper nomex? Id certainly like to try out some of them, I wonder how much they will cost when they are available. Does anyone know what nomex is actually like? is this similar to a carbon fibre impregnated cone?

I asked my supplier and he said he could get them but might take a little while as not in stock yet.

The 830883 (180mm) nomex cone is about 1.6 times the cost of the comparable 6.5in from before. Due to my inexperiance I am still going with the older HDS speakers incase i run into crossover difficulties etc but would like to try them in the future.

I wonder if the cost is 1.6 times simply because he would be getting the units especially for you? or are they going to be more expensive anyway, I cannot see why though. I would imagine a sandwich cone is harder to make then a paper/nomex one, the only difference I can see between the original HDS and the exclusive series is the cone material, the basket and the colour of the phase plug.

Hi guys!

I have some questions about Peerless Exclusive series:

1) Something is known in occasion of release HDS Exclusive with black color of a frame? In general D-S-T plans to do it?

2) Nomex fiber cone that from itself represents? I have in view of what the membrane is made from pure Nomex or all together with paper pulp or maybe even the paper goes as a basis ("Nomex paper" as has told bzdang?)

3) Hearings go that HDS Exclusive a series is removed from manufacture :confused: Who can clear this situation.

:cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.