Scan speak Ring Radiator with phase plug is it better than Best of dynaudio tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
scanspeak vs dynaudio?

im expecting the Ring Radiator to be the best tweeter on the planet with best response even in freq (upto 100khz ) well what about the Dynaudio`s tweeters.

I think Scanspeak Ring radiator with phase plug is winner.

anybody who listened to dynaudio and scanspeak just tell me...which is best.... just one ans....either dyn or scanspeak

You cannot say one answer. The dyns are built like morels or the other way around. These drivers are very robust and can handle lots of situations easily. The scan on the other hand cannot work as well with low frequency low order xovers, or atleast its spec's say it cannot.

The Scan Speak plays HiFi, slim, overdetailed and unnatural. The dynaudio has air, normal S, F, T, K, P and all other sounds engaging the highest frequencies. The Dynaudio also has some "body" in the lower region that the ScSp does not have.

The dispersion of the ring radiator is far away from perfect, an usual dome does a much better job here.

The worst thing about this ringradiator is that the radiating area is modulating. It turns smaller and bigger according to the x-possition of the "dome".

Snickers-is said:
[...]

The worst thing about this ringradiator is that the radiating area is modulating. It turns smaller and bigger according to the x-possition of the "dome".

Interesting, I've heard that theory from the US representative of Seas, too. But if you look at the geometry and the VC motion involved (typically 50 µm), I doubt that this is what is causing the strong 2nd order distortion. I think it's more likely to be mechanical flexing hyteresis. You can think of the membrane as two surrounds!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.