Bi-amping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
i've bought an active crossover and an additional poweramp. To biamp, the crossover of my 3-way Canton RC-L's needs to be partly removed. I don't know exactly how to disconnect and reconnect the different parts.
The guys from Canton were so kind as to send me the crossover schematic. They asked me not to place it on the internet. I've Googled up a picture of a similar schematic. It looks like a 2nd-order filter. De schematic of the Canton is the same, aside from 3 resistors and the parallel connected 2nd woofer. As my speakers are biwirable, the low and high section of the crossover are seperated.
The active crossover will be set at 300 hertz. That's just the way it is now. I think I could remove the low section of the passive completely, and connect the woofers directly to the amp.
In the high section of the passive, mids and highs should still be "seperated" by the passive, as the active passes on everything above 300 hertz. (mid to high crossing is at 3500 hertz btw) Can I remove the highpass to the mids (c3 in the schematic I added), and the short cut from the lows too (L2 in the schematic)?
Do I need to do more? Is there anything about changing phase or something? I read about it sometime, but I don't know when phase has to be changed.

Attachments

• 2e orde filter.gif
    2e orde filter.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 188
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.