DIY Project Database Search

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello fellow diyers,

I have created a searchable database of DIY Audio projects with comprehensive categorisation of each project. This will allow people to find real projects examples that contain specific items of interest as a reference for their own projects.

For example, you might search for all projects that are about 'ported subwoofer with an active first order crossover'.

Of course this requires you to enter your DIY efforts and classify them as accurately as possible (doesn't take more than a few minutes) ;) : http://www.vikash.info/audio/diy_audio_search/add_project.asp

I look forward to any feedback/suggestions

pinkmouse said:
Excellent idea!

Just a thought, you might want to add subwoofer to your speaker categories.
How would you suggest the sub categories within? Problem is find a right balance of categorisation.

shusha said:
Very nice. You should advertise this engine everywhere. You don't want an empty db. :) Can I suggest a "broken link" reporting tool? I have just clicked on Tony Gee DIY cable, but the server reported missing page.

Tomislav.
I'll add some broken link functionality soon. In the meantime feel free to post it to whichever other forums you are a member of ;)

Crossover Software

I developed a windows based program that gives the inductor/capacitor values for zobel, and 1st through 4th order passive networks. The program provides values for several different filter alignments. If you can provide me with a place to upload it I will make available to all. Nothing to fancy but it is something you may want to place in your section labeled tools.

I tried to add a project twice and it doesn't seem to work as when I do a search it doesn't show up! :(

EDIT: I use mozilla but it seems to work with IE

I notice on searches, if you select 2 criteria, it returns results which have either but doesn't use all the criteria to narrow things down. This would be a good feature. Suppose you selected "curved sides" and "transmission line" - it should only give projects that are both rather than all TLS and all curved speakers.

Very good idea to put this up. I have quite a few projects I have to add to my site that I could put up :)

I tried to add a project twice and it doesn't seem to work as when I do a search it doesn't show up! EDIT: I use mozilla but it seems to work with IE
Seems to work ok with FF. Will do some more tests...

I notice on searches, if you select 2 criteria, it returns results which have either but doesn't use all the criteria to narrow things down. This would be a good feature. Suppose you selected "curved sides" and "transmission line" - it should only give projects that are both rather than all TLS and all curved speakers.
I did this so that you have more chance of finding something considering the size of the current data set. Once the db is nicely populated I'll write some comprehensive search functionlity ;)

Very good idea to put this up. I have quite a few projects I have to add to my site that I could put up
Please do ;) It can only be useful if people add their projects! :D

I just added another project - my subwoofer project and it works fine on firefox now. I would like to add some more, but I actually have to get them up on my site! I have a few projects that are now done that I want to get online:

* my diy chip amp
* subwoofer processor
* active crossover (in progress)
* diy mic
* Behringer Ultracurve - not diy but it's of interest as it's used to calibrate some diy projects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.