I have an idea but I need advice about the 15 coax - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2005, 05:05 AM   #1
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Default I have an idea but I need advice about the 15 coax

If I mount them in the ceiling, at the end of the room, pointing downward from the attic, can I just spray them off a piece of wood placed in front of the driver, set at just the right angle to cover the room with sound?
I know it would have to extend below the ceiling for good coverage, that's OK, it's at the end of the room
I was wondering about the effect on the sound, its a PA driver and Im not so sure its going to make that much of a difference. Is it likely to sound too much like a Bose system or should it be OK?
It's for when the friends are over and you want to crank up the Jimmy Buffet and dance a little. Those two and a 15" sonotube might just be the tiicket.

Cal
Old 9th February 2005, 05:13 AM   #2
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

Let me be the second one to get flamed by the members here (you being first) and say go for it.

For critical listening, use something else. For friends having a good time, good enough.
Old 9th February 2005, 05:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to darth_sanchez
ill third that. i seen some speakers that have the sound guides to project the sound from a different angle, not too sure how good the sound will be or how it will be affected, but i suppose you could give it a try, and if you like it, then keep it :P

Hide this!Advertise here!