Comparison of different cone materials?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought that it would be interesting if some of the experts here synthesized the sonic/physical properties of different materials for cones: paper, aluminium, titanium, kevlar, carbone etc. I think many of us of aren't able to try all these before purchasing and would nice to know some guidelines before buying. Thanks.

mr_push_pull said:
I thought that it would be interesting if some of the experts here synthesized the sonic/physical properties of different materials for cones: paper, aluminium, titanium, kevlar, carbone etc. I think many of us of aren't able to try all these before purchasing and would nice to know some guidelines before buying. Thanks.

I think this would be a great idea! I've been looking at some drivers for a possible project and "on paper" there is a paper cone driver and a poly cone driver which would each do the job. The price is similar. If I can't necessarily listen to all my choices how do I decide?

I know, you pays yer money and you takes yer chance! But some guidance from experts would be great! (By the way I lean toward paper for no particular reason.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.