New measurement mic in UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You need a 48v phantom power supply too, which is inconvenient, despite the electret name. Click on the "catalogue page" link for more details. It doesn't seem good enough for measuring. This is the problem with CPC; you get little, sometimes misleading, information. :)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hey, I have phantom power. ;)

Milan, if you check the catalogue page in the link I posted, it states clearly that it comes with an individual calibration curve.

In fact, comparing it against the Behringer, it wouldn't suprise me if they are the same thing...

Attachments

• mics.jpg
    mics.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 192
Hi, I'm also in need of a measurment mic and have been thinking of getting either the IMG Stage Line/Monacor ECM40 or the Behringer ECM8000. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with the ECM40? Does is actually come with a response graph? I know the CPC website says it does, but then they also say that the mic is unbranded.

Wilmslow-Audio quoted me £46 for the ECM40 and £410 for the more expensive MBC550 (mmmmm....).

It seems that the Behringer ECM8000 can be had for £34.50
http://www.makingwavesaudio.com/basket.asp?ItemID=844&Type=2

What so you guys think? The ECM40 or the ECM8000?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.