Mic Preamp PCB kit offering (measure FR etc)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
could you design some form of variable filter to correct the peak and have a simple one pot 'tweeker' to calibrate it a particular capsule on the pre amp. the variation in response looks like pretty much the same shape peak just varying in amplitude. then calibrate them against a known accurate mic?

Jason L finished this for dave !!

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,165
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
UPS messed up and shipped the prototype boards to the wrong state (Arizona instead of Georgia) and they have been rerouted to me and I should get them Monday.

Once the design is verified and tested, Vikash and I will work on putting together a kit. Hopefully a calibrated testing mic will be able to be offered with the WM61A module also.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
I received the boards, but was too busy with the new LM3886 stuff to assemble it and test it. Here are some initial photos:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I will build up the test unit soon. Everything seems to fit great.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
jleaman said:
Nice work Brian that looks really good. Are yuo going to sell this as a whole kit ? or just the board's

Thanks! Nothing is decided for the end purpose of these boards. A kit might be sold by me, or maybe just Vikash. I don't know if I have time to put together an ship out another kit, as I do have a full time job, not leaving time to do too many kits :) There is a good chance that I would just be selling pcbs, while Vikash would be selling pcbs and kits with calibrated mics.

I will work on assembling the unit soon, along with mailing out some boards to Vikash for testing.

Jason, if you want one of the prototype boards, we can work something out. I also found the pair of SMD Mini-A boards when I was going through my boxes. :D

Drop me a mail and we can discuss this stuff. I forgot how small the miniA boards are (3"x2"), but I do remember how much heat they create :hot: :bigeyes: :D :D :cool:

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Here's a mic preamp I've just finished. I recorded a few choice sequences on my Tabla (drums) to test it, and it works great at both gain levels.

To begin with, I would like the kit to include the PCB and components, including switch and either two RCA sockets, or 1 RCA and 1 BNC (preferred), a mic capsule (or two), brass mic wand, and BNC connector plug (or RCA).

I have yet to assess the feasibility of having the mic capsules calibrated. At this stage I think it may be superfluous, and that the generic calibration file floating around will be fine (and free!).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.