Korean Woofers/Tweeters - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2005, 08:18 AM   #1
caratje is offline caratje  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Korean Woofers/Tweeters

Hi There,

I am not an English man in New York, but a Dutch man in s-Korea!!! And because I am thinking about making a sub for my DIY speakers (Vifa Carats + Vifa Impuls) I started to look around and by accident ran into the following homepage.

http://www.sammisound.com/products/pro/pro.htm

Does somebody have experience with this brand (not only the woofers) or can somebody say something about the specifications of their units (mainly woofers ;-0 ).

Best regards,

Joep
Old 27th January 2005, 08:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

All drivers seem to be optimised for high efficiency, the "studio series" Is likely the best bet to extract som low bass notes from the sub. Although I don't want to classify these drivers as "sub" drivers
Old 27th January 2005, 12:28 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have used a number of their compression drivers and horns and one of their smaller pro speakers (distributed here by Lorantz), and they seem to be excellent value for money. Haven't used any of their "sub" type speakers, but if the specs model ok for your application, the quality should be fine.

Cheers
Graeme
Old 27th January 2005, 12:43 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Centauri
(distributed here by Lorantz)
Lorantz are a serious outfit, actually only about 5km from my house, so if they consider them good enough to sell then I think you will find them to be very nice.
Old 27th January 2005, 01:01 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Circlotron

Lorantz are a serious outfit, actually only about 5km from my house, so if they consider them good enough to sell then I think you will find them to be very nice.
Yes, while Lorantz make their own (quite good) cone drivers, all their HF drivers and horns are the Sammi units - I find they perform very well.

Cheers
Graeme
Old 28th January 2005, 03:45 AM   #6
caratje is offline caratje  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Australia and LaMa,

So they make alright units but the woofers are not really qualified for application in a Subwoofer???

Best regards,

Joep
Old 28th January 2005, 07:31 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

@Caratje: It's a small world afterall, I'm a member for about 2 days now.

@Centauri: I actually suggested on a thread started by Caratje on an other forum, that most of the woofers and tweeters aren't really all that. I didn't see all of them but I only saw one tweeter and one 15" that seemed to compare with newer Western technologies.

So I'm just wondering if I'm misjudging here or missing out on something? Or are they just pretty cheap

Mvg Johan
Old 28th January 2005, 08:02 AM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

I have a set of budget (ie $10 each) Sammi horn tweeters -- i find them quite good.

dave
Old 28th January 2005, 01:44 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rademakers
So I'm just wondering if I'm misjudging here or missing out on something? Or are they just pretty cheap

I have only used one of the Sammi 12" 200W drivers and it was ok, and cheap. I use a lot of the 1" HF drivers, about the same money as P.Audio, but I think they sound much better.

Cheers
Graeme

Hide this!Advertise here!