behringer cx-3400 and xlr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive got a couple quick questions that mind sound ridiculous ...
If i were to incorporate the Behringer cx-3400 into my audio system would that eliminate the need for building a crossover for my loudspeakers??

And if so, the Behringer cx-3400 has XLR connectors on the rear panel, and my amplifier only has RCA connectors....how would i connect the two??

Thanks again.....and again...

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
rv1890 said:
Ive got a couple quick questions that mind sound ridiculous ...
If i were to incorporate the Behringer cx-3400 into my audio system would that eliminate the need for building a crossover for my loudspeakers??

And if so, the Behringer cx-3400 has XLR connectors on the rear panel, and my amplifier only has RCA connectors....how would i connect the two??

Thanks again.....and again...

Don't know about the '3400, but I use XLR-RCA conversion plugs (on another Behringer). Works OK for me, you can buy them at pro shops or the usual well-stocked parts stores, in all combinations of female and male ends. I got mine (Deltron brand) from Farnell.

Jan Didden

would that eliminate the need for building a crossover for my loudspeakers??

Yes, it would but you have to double or triple the amount of your amps, depending on what system you have - two or three way. Those are only meant for line level input and you cannot run a signal from a power amp output through those units.

I do not know if hold you for less knowledgeable than you actually are, but your question does otherwise not make a lot of sense:D

I've been using a CX-3400 for a year now in a three way dipole
system, along with an equalizer. A Yamaha HTR-5740 serves as a 6 way amplifer. I had a lot of problems with my 3400 which may not be representative. Anyway:

1) 7815/7915 regulators admit lot of 120 Hz in my unit
2) The transformer leaks 60Hz into circuitry
3) Rear mode switches low quality -> causing squeeling.
4) Negative supply is tied to ground.
5) Using the inverting switch causes extra hum!
6) Front end gain amp is very noisy. Use lowest gain setting.

As you can see the 3400 is a mixed bag. Lots of features, low cost, but questionable quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.