MW vs. H series morel woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MW and H series very similar in sound quality.
The H 5.1 and 5.2 and the H 6 have only 54 mm Voice coil Vs 75 mm of MW. What mean to small magnet from the MW. so the use with Hybrid magnet have necessary.
H-8 inch is different.

The H series good for midrange and low mid application IMO.

I think the new HU line to be very very good! and superior from MW and H.

Pay only 35$~ extra for the HU631 from the MW 168/166/164 or H 6 inch and got better sound quality and extra details!

I doubt the MW and H series have a similar sound quality..

The specs for the MW and HU ranges still appear to be very similar, although the face that the Le has gone from 0.08 to 0.63 suggests that either the HU ranges don't use the neo magnet structure or have removed the copper shorting ring from the driver..

The neo magnet and copper shorting ring is the main difference between the neolin drivers over the other MW series.

and the MW Neolin drivers are still more expensive on partsexpress than the new HU line..

Mason @ B&M said:
I doubt the MW and H series have a similar sound quality..

The specs for the MW and HU ranges still appear to be very similar, although the face that the Le has gone from 0.08 to 0.63 suggests that either the HU ranges don't use the neo magnet structure or have removed the copper shorting ring from the driver..

The neo magnet and copper shorting ring is the main difference between the neolin drivers over the other MW series.

and the MW Neolin drivers are still more expensive on partsexpress than the new HU line..

You right,
But the HU use with better chassis and Neo and ferrite magnet (Hybrid) and better spider also.

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
hi vince35!,

i already know you !,we met in onother forum,fine!

sorry ,but there are few info about hu morel line.......madisound,may be help you in data sheet,the hu 9.1 in on theyr stock.
i don't found any official dats about it:probably is too new.

......be patient.......

regards

ermes said:
hi vince35!,

i already know you !,we met in onother forum,fine!

Well, sorry, I can't remember... :confused:
What was the topic ? ;)
sorry ,but there are few info about hu morel line.......madisound,may be help you in data sheet,the hu 9.1 in on theyr stock.
i don't found any official dats about it:probably is too new.

......be patient.......

regards
Thanks, so my curiosity have to wait. :)

;)
Vincent

just a warning about the mw166's...they have no low end.

I had a pair in my car and they would distort badly with anything below 125hz at moderate-high volume levels. I had them running IB in my doors (deadened to block the backwave) and also in sealed kick pannels and they still performend poorly down low. They did sound very nice up top though.

I disagree completely. In a good sealed box you get very nice low end, true they don't go really deep but they certainly don't behave as you describe

that is the experience I had with them. I haven't actually put them in a tuned enclosure so I don't know how they would work in an actual box. In the kick pods I had them in they did exactly what I described. I've been told that the 8wr is a totally different animal though.

Audist said:

You right,
But the HU use with better chassis and Neo and ferrite magnet (Hybrid) and better spider also.

The hybrid motor doesn't really seem to perform that well though, it's not used on the Elate high end car drivers but instead on the mid range models..

I'd really like to hear the differences myself before saying anything is better or worse..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.